This is what the post looks like with the recipe plugged in below.
You heard it right. 40 cloves! But don’t let that number scare you, because they add just the right amount of zest and aroma to make this one of The Stinking Rose’s most popular dishes!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2-3 lbs roasting chicken cut into pieces
- salt to taste
- freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp rosemary fresh
- 1 cup flour
- 40 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Heat butter and olive oil in a deep, heavy skillet.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss in flour.
3. When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken, skin side down.
4. Sauté chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
5. Add garlic cloves and sauté until light brown.
6. Add white wine and chicken stock. Return chicken to pan.
7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Remove chicken and keep warm, turn heat to high and reduce liquid by 66%.
Remove to blender, add cream and puree sauce.
Adjust seasoning and serve over chicken.